Pages

Friday 17 October 2014

why we got capitals


WALT: Write an explanation telling people what capital letters are and when you use them in writing.

Introduction:
Capital letters are upper cases and its bigger then the little cases. For example a capital: C and a lowercase c.and q is different than capital Q its a different shape







One time you would use capitals is for peoples names. You must put a capital letter for the first letter in the name.  Like the president of USA Barack Obama has capitals for his name.  




Try  use capitals for titles of a presentation.  Put  a capital letter on a title  if you  post an i movie on your blog.for an example this is my title
                                     EXTREME see you use capital letters
                                      SCREEN

You can tell its a capital letter because usually when your old selves write in a book while
you're  a kid. I can see that when you write a capital. the letters
touch the line on the book.  The normal letters don’t touch the line. That means
the bigger letters are capitals.



Your self  would put a capital in a start of a sentence and would put a capital after a full stop even. Or even after a question mark they put it after a exclamation mark to.Last but not least they need it when a new persons speaking on email.

Capital letters help you read sentences and stories so USE THEM!


2 comments:

  1. Hello Simon! I am Melissa Keeler a student at the University of South Alabama in EDM310. I am learning to be a teacher. I have never watched Rugby as it is not a large sport in Alabama but it sounds like fun! my favorite color is green, a thing we have in common and did you know that purple is a Royal color? I enjoyed your post on Capitol letters. You will excel in reading if you continue in this direction. I am so proud of you and your classmates for blogging! I am just beginning to learn and I am OLD! Learn now so it will not become an obstacle to you in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Simon!
    My name is Brittney Henderson, I attend the University of South Alabama to become a high school history teacher! I really enjoyed reading your blog post about using capital letters! Simon, you are a very smart student! I love your rubric also! You have a great knowledge of when to use capital letters! Did you complete your rubric yourself? You did an awesome job Simon!!!!! I really enjoyed reading your blog post.

    ReplyDelete